Do you have a team-first mentality and experience in manufacturing and/or production? Vista Plastics, a global company headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana, is currently seeking an Extrusion Operator to join our team!
The Extrusion Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining machines that extrude flexible and rigid materials into engineered profile extrusions.
- Reports To: Extrusion Team Lead
- Direct reports: N/A
- Key relationships: All Departments
- 1-3 years of extrusion experience and line setup preferred
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Proper use of tools and quality inspection gauges (i.e. Indicators, calipers, angle gauges, tape measure, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow directives set forth from team lead and/or management
- Vista Core Competencies
- Essential attributes: pays attention to detail and is flexible, ambitious, and organized
Duties & Responsibilities
- Select machine die as directed by Team Lead.
- Follow set-up procedure (set-up sheet).
- Prepare line for the day (i.e. water tank, puller, collar, etc.).
- Mix compound according to set-up sheet.
- Fill hopper by using the ladder.
- Set controls according to the set-up sheet.
- Make spools according to work instructions.
- Coil extruded part on the roll according to set-up sheet.
- Synchronize the speed of extrusion.
- Activate and adjust the extrusion machine.
- Read drawings to set up and extrude parts.
- Check parts frequently per quality control plan/set-up sheet with calipers, etc., per conformance to specifications.
- Identify defects on extruded products.
- Install, connect, test, and adjust equipment controls as necessary per part specifications.
- Continuously improve processes for high quality and efficient processes.
- Ensure all tools, equipment, and tooling are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Follow all requirements to support Vista Quality Objectives.
If deficient in any area of responsibility, appropriate training will be implemented, and successful completion evaluated. The above items are not an exhaustive description, and additional duties may be required.
Vista takes great pride in our quality products, dependable teams, core values, and mission statement. If you are interested in working for a solid, reputable company that values you, please complete your application below. Only qualified and serious candidates will be considered.