Vista Manufacturing, a global custom lighting solutions company headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana, is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team!
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading the Purchasing Department to accomplish the sourcing of materials and supplies to support the product sales of the company. They will ensure proper inventory levels, good supplier relationships, cost management, and communication. This position works closely with the product development teams to provide component sourcing to ensure the success of each product. They also oversee staffing, policies, procedures, and improvements while reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
- Degree preferred and/or minimum of 5 years supervisor experience in procurement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage suppliers for excellent quality, cost maintenance, and delivery of products
- Able to research and determine the best source for all components and finished goods needed
- An understanding of ERP systems and the inventory and MRP processes
- Experience working with design engineers on sourcing for new product development
- Understands a partner approach to managing supplier relationships
- Microsoft Office experience, especially Excel and Word
- Leadership and coaching ability to motivate team members for effectiveness
- Essential attributes: Attention to detail, organized, persistence, negotiation, research abilities, communication skills and follow through
- Vista Core and Leader Competencies
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all functions of the Purchasing department
- Direct and coordinate activities of purchasing personnel through leading, setting goals, coaching, and accountability
- Ensure material shortages are held to a minimum to meet sales order on-time delivery and required goals.
- Ensure inventory turns meet the corporate goal and are continually improving
- Establishes, follows, and directs purchasing staff to adhere to all Purchasing policies and procedures
- Set stocking quantity policy, determining safety stock, minimums, and other levels based on MOQ and lead times.
- Ensure suppliers and vendors are meeting the timelines needed for materials and supplies ordered
- Negotiate most competitive pricing and terms of purchases with suppliers for cost effectiveness on all products meeting annual materials cost goals.
- Assist with inventory counts as needed including entry of count information in the ERP system
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives for the Purchasing Department, providing ideas and implementing improvement plans.
- Work with Sales to ensure stocking levels are sufficient to meet customer requirements
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies that will meet Vista requirements and become a good partner with Vista.
- Lead inventory obsolescence, ensure it remains minimal and below the required percentage of total cost of goods sold.
- Prepare reports on purchasing KPIs for the leadership team and other departments.
- Manage the logistics of shipping product to Vista Elkhart, including ocean container, LTL, air freight, and expedited shipping to meet incoming freight metrics
- Work with the Quality department to approve new suppliers
- Represent Vista in negotiating supplier contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
- Follow all requirements to support Vista Quality Objectives
If deficient in any area of responsibility, appropriate training will be implemented, and successful completion evaluated. The above items are not an exhaustive description, and additional duties may be required.
VISTA takes great pride in our quality products, dependable teams, core values, and mission statement. If you are interested in working for a solid, reputable company that values you, please complete your application below. Only qualified and serious candidates will be considered.